Whether it’s your first time choosing a payment processor or looking to replace a current provider, it’s important to find a solution that lets you securely and safely accept and process card payments online. One of the best options is Stripe, a payment service that will allow you to accept credit or debit card payments and alternative payment methods from your customers.
But is it for you? Before you proceed, you must take the time to explore the options and compare them with other portable card machines in the UK to make an informed choice. Look no further than this blog for an updated review of Stripe. Keep reading to understand if it’s the best online payment processor for your business.
Stripe is widely used by marketplaces and e-commerce businesses like Amazon, ASOS Marketplace, and Deliveroo. Many business owners also rely on it as a SaaS payment solution. No matter your business, it will come with the following benefits:
- Customer support is available round-the-clock through phone, chat, or email.
- Personalisation using various pre-built APIs
- An optional POS system for omnichannel businesses
Stripe is rather transparent and competitive with its pricing compared to other portable card machines in the UK. Besides standard pricing, you will find options for a custom package, but you must contact them directly for a quote. Here is a brief overview of the latest prices:
- Monthly fee: Free
- Transaction fees for UK cards: 1.5% + 20p
- Transaction fees for international cards: 3.25% + 20p
- Transaction fees for EU cards: 2.5% +20p
- Invoicing: 0.4% for every paid invoice
Stripe offers a payment gateway with a user-friendly API and customisable checkout options. Plus, it lets you integrate mobile payments from your Android or iOS app. Stripe also offers international support and accounting integration.
Are there downsides?
Like most portable card machines in the UK, Stripe comes with a few disadvantages you should consider before signing up:
- Some customers were surprised by hidden fees
- It could take up to seven days before the funds show up in your account
- You need coding experience if you want to maximise all the features
Get a detailed comparison!
Find out how Stripe compares with other portable card machines in the UK here at Compare Card Processing. We will help you save time and money by providing the necessary information to help you make an informed choice. Get a quote now!